This past weekend we spent our days walking / hobbling around the sea wall, snapping some pictures, checking out the IDS West show (in search of inspiration for Moby), and working up an appetite by bouldering (Moira) and doing pull-ups (Jonty, now up to 95 in a session!).
We were hoping for another spectacular sunrise, but the clouds had a different agenda. Nonetheless, we sauntered along the sea-wall, enjoying the scenery. For being just gone 7:00 am on a chilly morning, False Creek felt remarkably busy! Kayakers already on the water, dogs being walked, runners dashing around…
We haven’t been on this side of the seawall to see the Granville Island “workers” on display. I like the pop of colour they give to an otherwise ordinary work yard.
After our climbing session, we stopped in at Brassneck to fill up our growlers. The local craft breweries are just starting to transition over to some of their autumn beers. Quite tasty!
The Interior Design West Show was on this past weekend, highlighting some of the local Vancouver designers and craftsmen, as well as western companies (many from California). We were hoping to get a few ideas for Moby, especially when it comes to small-living designs.
Some of the design companies we found were quite interesting!
- Cerno Group: For minimalist lighting design (they can run off of 12V power, which is great for the van! This one looked ideal!)
- Resource Furniture: For neat space-saving, collapsible / folding tables and beds
- SemiHandmade: Make doors, drawers, etc. for Ikea cabinets, which might be useful (they have a discount for shipping to Canada…)
- Fancy induction stove-top (too big for the Sprinter, but it gave us a good idea of how thin the cook-top will be)
- Lots of different ideas for taps, faucets, flooring, and so on
It was quite a walk out for Jonty on his crutches, so he took a breather inside while I did a quick lap around the Convention Centre and Canada Place for a few pictures.
It was a glorious day (albeit a bit windy), but the sun was shining and people were happy 🙂
We’ve got another appointment with the orthopedic surgeon today, and we have a pretty good idea what he will say. Hopefully Jonty will get an estimate of his recovery time!
This weekend is supposed to be another sun-filled one, so here’s to making the most of it! Now, let’s just see how far we can go on those crutches 🙂