We’re still going mad for all things strawberries (and now cherries!) in our house. I’m almost embarrassed to admit how many kilos we probably get through in a week. In the end, I suppose there are far worse things to be gorging on 🙂
This is such an easy recipe to whip up, so much so that it’s probably not really a recipe, but it’s so refreshing and flavourful, so I thought I’d share.
We spooned ours on to grilled cod, but I suspect it would be equally delicious on grilled chicken or with tacos or even with plain tortilla chips!
- Serves: 2 cups
- Serving size: ¼ cup
- Calories: 50
- Fat: 2.8 g
- Saturated fat: 0.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 4.4 g
- Sugar: 1.4 g
- Sodium: 3.3 mg
- Fiber: 2.3 g
- Protein: 0.8 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
- ¼ medium red onion, finely diced
- 1 jalapeño, finely diced, with seeds or without
- 1 cup diced strawberries (6 to 8)
- 1 avocado, diced
- Juice of ½ lemon
- Handful of parsley, finely chopped
- Pinch of sea salt, to taste
- Mix all ingredients together. Easy peasy.