Holy moly, can anyone else believe that we’re at the end of 2016 already? One year ago, we were wondering as to whether we would be in The Van and on our travels. Jonty gave it a 50% chance, I thought around 75% and Jonty’s brother an optimistic 90% chance. While we’re definitely not on the road with a finished van, we’ve made reasonable progress. We’ve told everyone it WILL be finished in 2017, so now the pressure’s on 😉
We spent the holidays in Saskatchewan, with my side of the family, and had a wonderful time. The week went by quickly, with lots of visiting and eating and drinking, and very little time online. As such, I’m anticipating another Saturday Snippets that is light on the words and heavy on the photos.
So here are a few things that caught our eye online in the word of climbing, eating, cycling and repeating. Our Saturday Snippets for 31.December. 2016.
- If you’re looking for some last-minute New Year’s appetizer recipes, you should be able to find a few in this list. Our pecan crackers are always a hit in our house, too!
- The best books of 2016. Have you read any of these?
- This climbing re-cap video from Climbing Daily made us laugh.
- The winter weather has been a bit dicey this last month. Some essential car requirements.
- If you have young kids, or you think you won’t be able to stay awake until midnight, Netflix has you covered 🙂
And now for a few holiday pictures.
Checking out the prairie landscape, from above.
Christmas was filled with stocking and Christmas sweaters and backyard ice hockey. A Christmas-day birthday and just-because cinnamon buns. A few tasty local craft breweries and lots and lots of coffee 🙂