Things are progressing on the Moby reno! Jonty successfully used the CNC machine at our local Maker Labs to cut out a foam-insulation floor, and his next job is to start filling between the ridges in the floor and fitting the piping for the in-floor heating! Exciting times, for sure 🙂 If you’ve ever been camping in sub-zero weather, and placed your feet onto the unbelievably cold (probably non-insulated) floor, you will know how tickled we are to have in-floor heating!
Here’s what caught our eye during the week of 30.April.2016.
- Let’s say, hypothetically, you break your favourite mug. This DIY project would be a pretty good fix, and no hammer necessary!
- Oh, the intricacies of your metabolism! And then add in the effect of simply getting older…
- We’re completing some power-endurance training at the moment. We’ve been doing a lot of 4×4’s etc, but the Lemon-Lime game looks just as effective (and probably more fun!).
- I’ve had some black bananas sitting in the freezer, just waiting to be used in a good banana bread. This weekend, perhaps this recipe will be their fate. Or this one… Or these! Does anybody have a personal favourite?
- I was wondering why I’ve been seeing so many taco recipes floating around this week. And then I remembered that Cinco de Mayo is coming up. These look like tasty ones for the meat-lover, and these ones and these ones would be perfect for the veggie-lover!
- It’s almost a taco! I could be down with these broccoli, chickpea and avocado pita sandwiches, especially with our homemade pitas 🙂
- These breakfast muffins look intriguing…
- Hmm, a new passenger-only ferry between downtown Vancouver and Victoria. I just hope it’s not a fast-ferry! That was an expensive mistake…
- I don’t think I believe this research. Although, most dogs do enjoy a good belly rub and ear-scratch!