This time of year always feels like a busy time for celebrations. My birthday was yesterday, my Mom’s was last week, my Dad’s is next week. Their anniversary was thrown into the mix, too! For my birthday, Jonty and I started off with breakfast on the beach, then went climbing (obviously), moved on to one of our favourite places for nibbles and drinks, and finished off the day with a slice (or two) of the birthday pie he made me! It was a good day 🙂
Here’s what caught our eye online in the world of climbing, eating, cycling and repeating. Saturday Snippets for 29.July.2017.
On Climbing, Eating, Cycling and Repeating:
- What words were added to the dictionary, the year you were born? 1979 brought us words like “first world problem”, “napa cabbage” and “pepper spray”.
- The West Coast typically gets a few really hot weeks every summer, starting about now. So, it’s the perfect time of year for ice cream! We love making our own small no-churn batches. Here’s 48 fantastic ice cream recipes to try, if you need some inspiration. Ours is the Balsamic-Roasted Cherry Ice Cream, if you’re interested 🙂
- We may not own a cast iron skillet, but I’m quite sure this blueberry cobbler would be just as tasty in a regular glass baking dish 🙂
- I finished reading Night Film last week. It was a long book, but it’s been on my to-read list for quite some time, and I’m glad I finally opened it up! It’s a mystery / suspense novel, and there were quite a few tense moments when I wondered if I should be reading it with the lights on… But all good in the end. Honestly, it has been one of the best books I’ve read in a while!
On Moby News (aka Sprinter van conversion):
- The platform bed is thiiiiis close to being done! We’ll have the bulk of the pictures for you next week. For now, here’s a little sneak peek.
Pictures from the week of 29.July.2017:
I have a bunch of pictures from my weekend in Saskatchewan, but this week has slipped by me in a blink of an eye, and I haven’t had a chance to properly go through all of them. So, for now, here are a few pictures until I get the rest edited!