A part of me still doesn’t recognize that it’s 2017. I think I’ve typed “2016” for every single Saturday Snippets of this year! At least I’m consistent 🙂
Yesterday was the first day that the weather had some warmth in the air. We managed to get out on bikes, after climbing in an impromptu 1-hour bouldering competition up at UBC. The entire afternoon was really fun! It felt so good to be out cycling again, too.
Here’s what caught our eye online during the week of 28.January.2017.
On Climbing, Eating, Cycling and Repeating:
- Need to work on your knee bars? Here’s a few tips.
- As much as I love warm, roasted veggies in the winter, sometimes a person needs a bit of crunch. I’m a sucker for anything with peanut sauce in it and this Thai Coleslaw looks pretty tasty.
- I wouldn’t turn away a pan of these salted chocolate almond butter brownies…
- We got our monthly spice mix in the mail this week. I’m pretty excited to try out the spices! If these next ones turn out as tasty as the gingerbread granola, our bellies will be very happy.
- How Louis C.K. tells a joke. Interesting!
- The most Canadian protest poster, ever. Yup.
On Moby News (aka Sprinter Conversion Update):
- We’ve been working on a few piece-meal jobs this week, but sometimes those end up being quite satisfying!
- Jonty CNC’d, stained and installed the mounts for our inverter and electrical circuit boards. All of the big holes in the mount are to aid in heat dissipation from the inverter. We think it looks pretty great, and Jonty was quite pleased with how easy it was to gain access to all the wiring in the back.
- Last week, we were working on getting the measurements and contours for the wall panels correct. This week we started CNC-ing out the real panels! We’re using 1/4-inch marine-grade plywood, which will be covered with the foam-backed vinyl we purchased a few months ago. We have the back panels cut and temporarily installed, to get the bolt location correct, and will hopefully have the upper panels done next week.
- Dare I say, it’s almost starting to look like a home on wheels, instead of a bit construction site? Perhaps I should emphasize the word almost 🙂
Pictures from the week of 28.January.2017:
The week started out with beautiful weather! We had a bit of gloom mid-week, and then it’s picked up again. Our Monday morning walk took us to the lumber store (exciting times) and then to Kits Beach. Everybody was out – parents, kids, dogs, people running, people doing TRX, people splashing in the ocean. It was the first time in a long time that the sun felt warm on our backs!