We’ve been enjoying a family vacation in Disneyland this past week. The sunshine, warm weather and fun times with the family have made a great start to the year!
And so, you’ll have to forgive the brevity of this week’s post. Here’s a few things that caught our eye online in the world of climbing, eating, cycling and repeating. Our Saturday Snippets for 27.January.2018.
On Climbing, Eating, Cycling and Repeating:
- If you’re ever in need of a few good core exercises, this video probably sums up most of them!
- The past few weeks, my racing mind has woken me up more than once, thinking about the things I need to get done the following day. I wonder if this would help?
- If you’ve got the winter blues, I think this raspberry lemon poppy seed cake would boost your spirits. If you need a smaller version of a lemon poppy seed cake, give ours a try!
- Read! Oddly enough, I’ve been on a good-book streak! That doesn’t often happen. I just finished reading Lily and the Octopus (great!), and I’m almost through Station Eleven (really good!)
- Listen! I’ve added the Outside Podcast to my list. They’re about 30 minutes or less, which is kind of a nice length, and the topics have quite a range. I thought the one on the importance of sleep was quite interesting.
Pictures from the week of 27.January.2018:
The Schmuland clan (my parents, brother and his family, and me and Jonty) headed down to California this week for a great family vacation! We had no idea what to expect, but with a 3-day pass to Disneyland we had a lot of time to experience all the rides and attractions.
With a group of nine of us there was always something going on, and something to see and do, it was apparently a “quiet” time of year to go, which meant we were able to get on lots of rides (several times) and see many of the sights, without having to deal with massive crowds. To dip our toes into the Disneyland experience, it was perfect for our first time there!
I’m not sure what the last few days will look like for us, but the weather is supposed to be wonderfully warm, so anything outside will be great.
Here’s a few pictures of our first few days in California: Disneyland, hockey games, and blue skies!