Woah. The last weekend in August? I think my heart may have jumped into my throat, just a bit. While I’m not quite ready for summer to be over yet, I’m definitely looking forward to what the fall has in store!
Here’s what caught our eye online during the week of 27.August.2016.
- This won’t be happening anytime soon for me, but thoughts on why women should start bolting their own routes outside.
- Banana bread always seems to be an autumn thing, but I’ve got a pile of bananas in the freezer, and this Black Sesame and Peanut Butter Banana Bread sure looks tempting.
- If my Peach-Blackberry Pie looked too daunting to make (really, it’s not!) maybe this Peach and Blackberry crisp will be more up your alley.
- A great looking sandwich.
- Are you one of those people with a plethora of zucchini? May I suggest these cookies? And then bring me some! 🙂
- Our newest Netflix obsession? Stranger Things. It feels like a combination of The Goonies and Twin Peaks 🙂
- New Brunswick, you’re pretty gorgeous!
- Working in the health care industry, I find this to be true.
- How fantastic would this be? Three different companies that help to work from home, anywhere in the world! The ultimate work-abroad program.
On Moby News (aka Sprinter Van Conversion):
- We’ve started ordering a few of the big-ticket items! We’ll be doing a little road-trip in September to pick up our Lithium batteries from EAS Power (based out of Victoria, BC), and hopefully our inverter and other bits and pieces will be coming shortly thereafter.
- One of the next jobs on the to-do list is to model the curvature of the van shell, so that we can cut the wall panels. Going back to the basics, for this one! The old contour-with-a-wheel-and-pen actually did a pretty good first draft.
- Our shipment of 80-20 was delivered this week, too! Jonty started making a few cuts to see how easily the channel is to fasten together. So far, so good! It will be exciting to see this frame come together inside the van.