As we get towards the end of the year, I feel like every week just passes by even quicker than the last! This week was filled with travel and training and Christmas events (if you live in Vancouver, and have a chance to see this play – definitely go – we thoroughly enjoyed it).
Here’s what caught our eye online in the world of climbing, eating, cycling and repeating. Saturday Snippets for 26.November.2016.
- Adam Ondra sent the Dawn Wall (its second ascent) in just 8 days! Tommy Caldwell and Kevin Jorgeson spent 8 years planning the route, and their ascent took them 19 days. So, yes, Ondra is a beast!
- For the non-climbers, here’s a quick guide to what these random climbing numbers / grades actually mean.
- We love farro. It’s nutty and chewy and so versatile. Doesn’t this Butternut Squash Farrotto look wonderfully cozy?
- We made a red lentil soup / stew the other week. It was so tasty, and ready in less than 30 minutes (due to red lentils cooking up so quickly). I keep forgetting how great red lentils are for adding bulk to a meal. Perhaps we’ll try this butternut squash, sweet potato and red lentil stew next.
- I’m on a stew-kick. This eggplant and chickpea stew is looks mouth-watering.
- On being totally present truly grateful.
- My December goals are to wander through this Christmas Light Maze down at Olympic Village, and to finally take in the Festival of Lights at VanDeusen Botanical Gardens. We just need a dry evening!
On Moby News (aka Sprinter van conversion):
- It’s still electrical news on the Sprinter front. Is anyone getting bored yet? Jonty has finished getting the batteries into the box and securing all sides with some foam. It’s solid!
- He also spent some time back at MakerLabs this week, starting to get many of the electrical components organized and secured onto a board. The plan is to have the battery box sitting on the floor, between the rear wheel wells. These components, along with the inverter, will be secured between the battery box and the wheel well.
- The next step is getting this into the van and securing it into place! A minor lower-back tweak for Jonty at the gym yesterday has delayed this process (we need to be in tip-top shape to move that beast of a battery box!), so here’s hoping the tweak is short-lived.