Merry Christmas Eve! We are back in Saskatchewan for the holidays, spending time with family and friends. As such, our Saturday Snippets will be a little light on the words, and perhaps a bit heavy on the photos.
Here’s the shortened version of what caught our eye online this past week. Our Saturday Snippets for 24.December.2016.
- Book gifts for all of your adventurous family and friends.
- Physicists measure anti-matter for the first time!
- The most gingery-ist gingerbread cake.
- The most delicious-looking whole-roasted cauliflower.
- The best stories of 2016.
We had crazy winter weather in Vancouver, the past few weeks. And by crazy, I mean snow. In Vancouver, this constitutes crazy winter weather. The snow scuppered more than a few of our weekend traveling adventures, but it made for good #MyMonthOfMerry photos.
With the snow, came clear skies and cold temperatures which, for Vancouver, is also unusual! So we made it our mission to see the lights of the city:
St. Paul’s Lights of Hope
Along Sunset Beach
The Van Dusen Botanical Gardens’ Festival of Lights
And we sure enjoy the snow-capped mountains on our weekly beach walks!