We had a mini heat-wave earlier this week! Mid-to-high-20’s gave us a tiny glimpse into the summer weather, and we liked it! We even drove Moby (the Sprinter) down to the beach, to enjoy a picnic-style dinner one evening. I’m definitely ready to shed my umbrella and warm jacket. Hopefully it’s starting to warm up in your neck of the woods, too!
And onto the good stuff! Here’s what caught our eye online during the week of 23.April.2016.
- I’ve been on a podcast binge lately, with many of my favourites on rotation. Here’s a good one from training-phenom, Sean McColl. And another one, that might be a bit more useful for those of us non-uuber-elite athletes, on the differences between training for route climbing and for bouldering 🙂
- On how to overcome personal obstacles…
- You don’t have to be gluten-free to enjoy this chocolate cake!
- We had a bit of a heat-wave this week, at least for April. Almost a full week of sunshine and mid-20°C temperatures! Salads like this are a must for the warm spring days 🙂
- The warm weather has me wanting to BBQ (even though we don’t own a BBQ!). These salmon burgers look fantastic, and would be perfect on our soft homemade slider buns!
- This smoothie bowl served in a homemade granola bowl is genius!
- Real-person food vs. Hipster food. Ha, living in Vancouver, this rings true 🙂
- Jonty found this gem: Rival construction workers attack each other with their front-end loaders! No, there is no euphemism here, just a good old-fashioned tractor brawl…
- The Vancouver Sun Run was last weekend. The day lived up to its sunny name 🙂
- This couple is renovating an old school bus into an adventure vehicle! Our van is about 1/3 of the size, but will still be fully off-the-grid, which is exciting for us!