This week has absolutely flown by, yet somehow Monday feels so long ago! I guess that’s what happens when you’re building a van 😉 We’ve become well acquainted with the quickest route down to the marine hardware store to pick up various wires and lugs and connectors. Progress is being made.
Here’s what caught our eye online in the world of climbing, eating, cycling and repeating. Our Saturday Snippets for 22.October.2016.
- More incredible climbing photos. Don’t they make you want to travel while simultaneously make your hands sweat?
- Adam Ondra has bolted and climbed the world’s hardest sport route to date (15c). The amount of strength and determination he has is mind-boggling!
- We love simple, healthy, one-pan dinners. This sheet-pan roasted salmon looks so tasty.
- I’ve been delving into the overnight-oats breakfast, and I like it! Every time I make them, I think about this Quinoa Breakfast Bowl that I saw years ago (like 2008!!), and I’ve still yet to make it! Perhaps that should change. 🙂
- This week I had two e-books come available from the library, and they were both cookbooks! One was Oh She Glows Every Day and the other was Baking with Less Sugar. Both books include a chocolate dessert incorporating sweet potato puree in it, as a way to use less sugar but still retain the sweetness. And then I see this Chocolate Sheet Cake recipe, which uses sweet potato puree in the icing. I feel like the baking gods are trying to tell me something…
- Look at this glow-in-the-dark bike path in Poland. What a wonderful concept and a beautiful design!
- Mom and Dad – you should have stayed here in Peru last week!!
- Does anyone use Castile Soap? I have sensitive skin and try to minimize the soaps and shampoos that use a lot of scents and have sodium laurel sulfate/sulfide. We use Dr Bronner’s (unscented) castile soap for so many things. If you read the label, they tout 18 different uses for it. If you’re looking to minimize the number of products you have in your house, this might be the soap/cleaner for you!
- I must be on a cleaning kick. How to clean almost every type of stain. Shall we see if “How to clean tea stains out of a white carpet” works?! 🙁
On Moby News (aka Sprinter Van Conversion):
- We’re planning on covering our walls in foam-backed vinyl and have ordered a few sample swatches from Great Lakes Skipper. Hopefully they arrive shortly, so we can make a decision! With our daylight time decreasing, it might actually be a good time to sample the colours in the van, as it’s always nice to see wall colours in the worst conditions (i.e. rain and gloom).
- Jonty has been working on wiring the batteries and inverter in our apartment. Remember how nice and tidy it looked a few weeks ago?!
- We were a few connections short of getting the batteries fully wired up to start charging, but the inverter was hooked up, and we saw blinking lights!! And the voltmeter read 120V (as intended)! Very exciting 🙂