We’re in Victoria for the weekend, and hopefully the weather is going to hold! We’ve got our
bikes walking shoes and our climbing gear and our growlers 😉
Here’s what caught our eye online in the world of climbing, eating, cycling and repeating. Saturday Snippets for 22.April.2017.
On Climbing, Eating, Cycling and Repeating:
- For the most part, I’m not good at stretching. It’s not in my daily routine, so I forget. Perhaps it should be my goal to incorporate at least one of these stretches into my day.
- Whether you climb or not, this sweet potato and avocado burrito should satisfy all taste buds.
- The science of weird food pairings. This was definitely not one of my physics courses offered at university.
- At first, I was drawn to the gorgeous colour of this green sauce. Adding miso? Colour me intrigued!
- Sometimes, you just need a good piece of really-dark-chocolate cake. Simple and unpretentious. This looks to be that cake.
- It’s everyone’s favourite season in Vancouver – Attack-of-the-Crow Season! Yup, we’re entering those magical few months when you feel like you’re being followed, tormented and dive-bombed by those avian creatures. I wish I could find something nice to say about them (because I know they’re just protecting their young) but I can’t. They follow me and freak me out. Jonty thinks my fear is irrational, but I beg to differ!
On Moby News (aka Sprinter van conversion):
- For whatever reason, it felt like a slow week on the van conversion. Well, only in that I was working most of the week and Jonty was updating some of our electrical schematics, and doing a bit more prototyping. So it was a bit of a computer week.
- We did get the fridge fully installed and secured to the L-track and 80-20, so that is good. That sucker is solid!!
- Jonty cnc’d one more mount for under the middle of the fridge, finishing that part of the set-up.
- Yesterday we found out that our sink (which was supposed to be delivered last week … then Tuesday… then Thursday….) has officially gone missing. Big bummer. Some employee must really love RV-sized double sinks! At least Amazon recognized the unfortunate disappearing package was not our doing, we’ve been refunded the price already. But we still need to order another one, which will probably take another 3 or 4 weeks (because they weren’t in stock). Again, bummer.
Pictures during the week of 22.April.2017:
We’re in Victoria this weekend for a bit of a getaway. The weather was absolutely glorious on the ferry ride over, and you better believe we tried to soak up as much Vitamin D as possible! We’ll need it, as the weather is supposed to turn rainy again today (hence, no bikes). But we’re used to this; it will just be nice to enjoy the new scenery.
So, next week there should hopefully be a few pictures from our weekend away. For today, you get ferry pictures 🙂