In January, we signed up for a “Training for Competition Climbing” course at our local climbing gym; we had a great group of people in the group, and the month went by far too quickly! Nobody in the group has ever done a routes competition before, so the coach has organized a mock competition this Sunday morning, before the gym opens (the real competition is in April). I feel excited and nervous! Jonty’s getting psyched by working on his no-feet bouldering 🙂
Here’s a few snippets online that caught our eye during the week.
- We’ll be starting our Strength Phase of training, this coming week. After finishing that course in January, I think we’re going to modify our approach a bit. If you’re interested, this is what we’ve done in the past (here and here).
- Speaking of training, here’s a great article by Jonathan Siegrest on the mental approach to training.
- Speaking of working on your weaknesses, here’s a good article for how to deal with slopers!
- Breakfast for dinner is always a winner (Eggs poached in a spicy minty tomato sauce)
- Jonty’s newest baking mission is to re-create the sky-high muffins we see at Whole Foods. We’re taking inspiration from these ones.
- This Chocolate Rosemary Olive Oil Cake looks fantastic (and quick to make, too!)
- We have been buying a lot of whole pineapple recently. This pineapple-infused tea could be a great way to make use of the pineapple scraps before they head to the compost bin!
- A good read on creating new habits that lead to big outcomes.
- Holy moly, it’s been quite awhile since I’ve seen a snow-storm like this one! I guess I’ve been on the West Coast too long 🙂
- There are some great ideas for hidden storage areas for our Sprinter conversion!
- I’m not a big car buff, but I do have a soft-spot for Back To The Future. How cool would it be to own a DeLorean?!