Our summer has finally come, mid-August! The mornings have been lovely and warm, and the heat of the day makes us glad for our east-facing apartment. I think our weekend is going to be filled with a bit of power-endurance training and a bit of cycling, most likely a bit of work on this guy, and then the weekend rewards of and this and probably a little of this. Hope your weekend is just as enjoyable!
Here are the snippets that caught our eye online during the week of 20.August.2016.
- A good article on adaptive climbing. Who says you need to have all your limbs and appendages to do something you love?!
- We pick up a roasted chicken from the store on a weekly basis, cut it up and keep it in the fridge to eat throughout the week. It’s so handy, and easy! Here are 12 easy dinners to make with a roasted chicken. The Thai Chicken Pizza is catching my eye…
- Grilled Blue Cheese sandwiches? I know just the cheese for this!
- Grilled Cheese with Zucchini, Bacon and Basil? In a heartbeat!
- We have officially entered the one hot week of the year. If you’re in the same boat and don’t want to turn on your oven, these No-Bake Salted Caramel Cups look pretty good. So does my Balsamic-Cherry (or Mint Chocolate Chip) Ice Cream.
- How common is your birth date? The infographic is pretty neat! Apparently mine is quite a common day (35⁄365). Lots and lots of September babies!
On the Moby Project (aka Sprinter Van Conversion):
- We started framing a mock-up of the interior, with the same size of 80⁄20 we’re planning on using for the actual construction
- It took a few days of work to finish, but ultimately was much easier to do in wood, than in the cardboard we had started working with
- And now we have the benefit of visualizing our living space, we know exactly how much 80⁄20 we need to order, and we can figure out the little tweaks we need to make before doing the actual construction!
- Next step? Figuring out refrigerator⁄freezer options and the Lithium ion batteries we’ll be installing. Progress!