Ah, the week back to work after a week off of work! A last-minute overnight trip to Victoria for a work visit did help to make the week go by quicker, and having views like this and this on the ferry rides didn’t hurt, but I’m still glad the weekend is here!
Find out what caught our eye online during the week of 18.June.2016.
- We asked our trainer to start teaching us the correct way to do a deadlift, as it’s a good exercise for strengthening the hamstrings, quads, core and butt. My legs are still killing me two days later! Just in case we’re doing it wrong, here’s a few tweaks to help perfect the deadlift.
- For two months, this Average Jo Blow decided to try training like a pro. Here’s his account on his progress (it’s a long one, but might be interesting for those wanting to boost their game).
- I was inundated with fantastic-looking tacos all week. These Spicy Shrimp Tacos and Garlicky Halloumi Tacos look really tasty, however, I think these Cauliflower al Pastor Tacos might be calling my name on our next Taco Tuesday night.
- This Herb Chicken Salad looks like a great weekend bowl-food meal, except I’d be tempted to swap in blueberries and hold the mayo.
- I started following this Instagram account. He’s showing Regina (and Saskatchewan) in a gorgeous light.
- The Brexit vote is coming up. What the UK leaving the EU can mean for the economy (our household is 50% British, so it’s been on our mind!)
- Do you have a small kitchen? We do now, and it’s going to get a lot smaller! Here are a few ways to organize a tiny kitchen.