I spent a few days on Vancouver Island this past week for a site visit, nicely breaking up the usual work week. I always take the first ferry to Nanaimo and, during this time of year, I’m almost guaranteed to see gorgeous sunrises as the ferry rounds Horseshoe Bay and passes by downtown Vancouver. This year was no different!
Here’s a few things that caught our eye online during the week of 17.September.2016.
- Pinky-finger pull-ups? No problem! (yaright)
- We eat a lot of salads during the week, so it’s always nice to add a bit of variety to the mix. This Herbal Rice Salad looks quite tasty.
- Our Blendtec is broken, so morning smoothies are on hiatus until the replacement part comes. In the meantime, perhaps it’s time to shake up my breakfast routine with something like this Quinoa Breakfast Bowl, or Toasted Oat, Coconut and Quinoa Granola.
- Do you need to travel with your bike? Here’s the best way to pack it for shipping.
- I just finished reading this book on the ferry ride back to Vancouver. I thought I had the story figured out, and felt disappointed that the plot was so obvious. Then, one page later, it totally threw me for a loop and I could hardly put it down. A completely engaging thriller!
- Our wardrobe is largely filled with Icebreaker clothing, so we’re well aware of the awesomeness of Merino wool. I feel like these shoes might be speaking to me… 🙂
On Moby News (aka Sprinter Conversion):
- The 8020 framing continues in the van. We’ve finished the kitchen counter and Jonty has started working on the upper cabinets; lots of CNC prototyping this week.
- We are still awaiting our lithium battery arrival. The shipment didn’t quite match with my visit over to the island, but they are on their way! Hopefully this coming week we’ll have them in hand.