The weekend is here! The weekend is here! Any big plans in your neck of the woods? We’re finishing a strength training phase with climbing, so we probably have one more fingerboard session before moving onto a power training phase. One of our apartment neighbours is hosting her annual block party for friends and some of the “cool” apartment dwellers. So far we still make the cut! 😉 Seriously, though, it’s always a fun time and we’re so appreciative of her hosting it!
Here’s what caught our eye on-line during the week of 16.July.2016.
- For me, climbing is often more about the head-games, than the actual climbing! Here’s a few tips on how to train your head game.
- Scientists have tested 3 ways to psych yourself up. Any thoughts on which one was the best?
- Everything we love to eat is a scam. I can totally believe it, but I also kinda don’t want to know!
- We have rekindled our love-affair with hummus. But the homemade kind, because it’s unbelievably easy to make and so much tastier than the store-bought kind. These veggie cucumber boats are totally happening this weekend!
- When we were younger, my Grandma would make these little potato dumplings out of leftover mashed potatoes. Gnocchi? Prairie-farm-life-leftovers-goodness? They’re all kind of the same! But I do think Grandma’s potato dumplings might be elevated a notch with these summer add-ins.
- A friend brought me a stash of her rampant-running rosemary. Rosemary-Roasted Peaches? Or Rosemary Focaccia?
- Motorized doping. Just think of all the brain-power that comes up with new ways to cheat!
- Food waste. How much does it happen in your household?
- I know I complain about the cool, rainy weather we’ve had so far, but really, I kid. Now, Saskatchewan has had rain! I’ve been following the recent crazy flooding in Estevan, where I grew up. They went through a similar situation a few years ago! Here’s hoping the rain eases off soon.