The days are counting down until the end of the year! Are you ready for the holiday season yet? We had our annual Christmas Date Day on Thursday (lunch out downtown, walking around seawall, taking in the Christmas lights, stumbling upon a Gingerbread House contest…), so we’re firmly planted in the festive season!
Here’s what caught our eye online in the world of climbing, eating, cycling and repeating. Saturday Snippets for 16.December.2017.
On Climbing, Eating, Cycling and Repeating:
- Maybe Santa will buy us a new hangboard this year! It looks simple enough, that it could almost be used in the van somewhere… 🙂
- Creating patterns from everyday objects. I love looking at stuff like this!
- Have you been inundated with the “Best Of…” lists yet? I tend to pass by most of them, but the Best True Crime podcast list caught my eye. I’ve listened to Dirty John (and liked it), so I might add the others to my list.
- What a map of Canada looks like, if it’s just of the trees and forests. See that large chunk of white in the middle (i.e. prairie farmland)? That’s where I grew up.
- Just in case you need a massive list of cookie recipes to try, before the holiday season, this one should cover almost every need, want and desire!
On Moby News (aka Sprinter van conversion):
This week has been Shower Week, and we’re making good progress!
The shower box is basically done. The sides have been stained and sealed, and it’s just ready for the shower pan to be siliconed into place. Jonty has cut aluminum trim for the edging, and I will have to Osmo the bottom.
Jonty has finished the plumbing for the shower head, and mounted the shower controls onto the wall, as well! The shower head is specifically for RVs, so the pressure is low-flow, and there is an on-off toggle on the side, to stop the stream of water without having to turn off the water at the source. Super handy. Here’s a little video of him testing it out 🙂
Next on our list is finishing the mounts to keep the shower in place, when it’s folded away. Spoiler alert – it will involve inset magnets! Hopefully we’ll have finished pictures for your next week.
For the time being, here’s a few shots of what the shower will look like when it’s down and ready for use, and when it’s folded away. The shower faucets will be hidden away when the shower box is folded up. Hopefully we’ll be able to store the shower curtain etc in the box when it’s folded up, too.
Pictures from the week of 16.December.2017:
We finally got down to the Canada 150 sign at Canada Place! We had to wait until the “tourists” left, then we had the sign to ourselves for a few brief moments 🙂