It’s been a busy week, on the Moby front. Jonty has cut out the floor of the van and cut all of our L-Track to length. Hopefully he’ll be able to start putting the floor together and I can start staining / sealing it over the next week or so. Our awning arrived, and we managed to successfully hoist up the 100-pound beast and mount it on the roof rails, using 2 ladders and well-coordinated strength! For us, this is exciting progress 🙂
Here’s a few snippets that caught our eye during the week of 14.May.2016.
- Alex Puccio is such a strong, strong climber! A video on her road to recovery 🙂
- Another podcast for you, if you’re into these things. Training Beta interviewed Mathilde Becerra, and there was just something about it that I really enjoyed. She was a very positive person, constantly trying to improve.
- We made homemade, oven-baked onion rings last weekend. It was a bit of an experiment, but they were delicious! We’re going to try them again this weekend, with a few tweaks. If they turn out, I’ll post the recipe 🙂
- The Gran Fondo is an annual cycling race, with the west coast route starting in Vancouver and ending up in Whistler. The top cyclists are machines! Perhaps I would do better with a Foodie Fondo! 🙂
- It’s about time! Stiffer fines in BC for those texting / talking on the phone while driving.
- A little #vanlife video. Ours will definitely be going a different route. But isn’t it fantastic, how many ways you can convert the inside of such a small space, to fit your life perfectly? I think so 🙂
- I just finished reading this book (so many parts of it really resonated with me at the moment), and just started reading this book (and I find it difficult to put it down at the end of the day). Not often I score two back-to-back books I really enjoy!
- If you live in the Lower Mainland – water restrictions start two weeks early this year!