It’s been a whirlwind week of traveling for me. Last weekend I was in Edmonton for a work meeting, then home for a day, then down to Seattle to visit friends for 2 days, then home for a night, then up to Dawson Creek for a quick site visit! Six plane rides + two days in the van later, and I’ll be home just in time for our wedding anniversary tomorrow. Phew!
Here’s what caught our eye online in the world of climbing, eating, cycling and repeating. Saturday Snippets for 11.November.2017.
On Climbing, Eating, Cycling and Repeating:
- All Hail the Might Stone!
- With all the flight travel I’ve had in the last week, this post seems fitting. I used to be an aisle person, but I like taking pictures out of the window!
- For the last month or so, I’ve been baking a version of Jim Lahey’s classic no-knead bread. This cranberry and walnut no-knead bread looks like a tasty version.
- Ooh, this looks like autumn comfort in a bowl.
- Although I haven’t knit something in a little while, I still consider myself a knitter. For all those knitters out there – wouldn’t this wool make the coziest sweater?
- Apparently the Antarctic ozone hole is the smallest it’s been since the late ’80s. Good news, hey?
On Moby News (aka Sprinter van conversion):
To be honest, not much has happened this week, what with all our travels. Jonty has started working on designs for the shower, and I spent a few hours on Monday sewing magnets into the ends of curtains (which has helped keep the slivers of light out).
- The newest addition to the kitchen are the customizable dividers for our big drawer. Jonty used the laser cutter to make them, and I think they’re fantastic! We’ll be able to change the layout of the drawer, as our needs change, without having to buy new cutlery trays or things like that. Functional AND lightweight. Perfect for the van 🙂
- Jonty learned how to use the vinyl cutter at MakerLabs last week. Since the day we got Moby, we’ve had ideas of adding certain personal touches to the outside of the van, many of which required being able to cut vinyl. This was our first design!
- We now have Moby’s instagram account on both of the back side windows. I totally love it! What do you think? So, if you think you might like some fancy vinyl stickers made for yourself, let us know, and we’ll strike a deal 😉