Hopefully everyone has had a good week and is starting to enjoy a relaxing weekend! We had the week off, which was quite nice, and we celebrated Jonty’s birthday mid-week with this pretty tasty cake.
As for Moby, we were able to get the pieces of the van floor into the van, and Jonty has started the process of bolting the floor pieces (aluminum channel + L-track + floor) to the van chassis. It feels pretty exciting to be able to walk on a flat, solid floor! Next steps for Jonty will be getting the in-floor heating tube positioned and floor insulation cut, and I’ve been starting to sew some trial curtains, to see what’s going to work. Slow, but steady progress 🙂
Here’s a few online snippets that caught our eye during the week of 11.June.2016.
- Training tips from 8 pro-climbers.
- We all know the crag dogs that watch over their humans, but it’s time to give crag cats some love!
- Coffee-lovers, rejoice: 4 popular coffee myths debunked!
- Basil-lovers, rejoice: Basil Chicken Curry Zucchini Noodle Bowl (a mouthful title for a mouthful meal!)
- Last weekend, it was 32°C… in Vancouver… in June! No wonder I’ve got ice cream on my mind.
- Did you know that the Butter Tart is a true Canadian invention? When I was little, I never liked the ones with raisins in them, but I’m sure my palate has since progressed 🙂 Reading this little article is now making me want to try making them!
- The best tools for the ultimate mobile office.
- Has anyone bought a new vehicle that comes with Android Auto? If we could get this to work in Moby, I think we’d have a pretty sweet mobile unit!