We had a nice extra long weekend last week, and while the weather was a mixed bag, we were still able to get in some climbing, a bit of cycling and some van work. We’ve started our climbing performance phase last weekend, and I managed to tick off a 12b and Jonty sent a 13a! Not too shabby 🙂 Mid-week took me to Kelowna for a quick work trip, and the flight back home gave me some great post-rain views!
Here’s what caught our eye online during the week of 10.September.2016
- These climbing rope tapestries are beautiful!
- Watching Chris Sharma train for his newest project. Even the best of the best, still need to try new things to progress.
- The autumn weather is creeping in, with the cooler starts to the day. I’m quite certain that homemade banana bread should be a requirement on days like this.
- I think this Tomato and Ricotta Tart is proof that simple foods are often the most beautiful.
- A Physicists’ explanation on how to shattering bricks with your hand without breaking your hand. I think I’ll still leave that to the professionals, though 🙂
On Moby News (aka Sprinter Conversion):
- Jonty has been busy with a lot of CAD design and CNC-ing the insulating mounts for the 8020
- He’s also started to cut up the 8020 to begin framing out the back of the van.
- We’ve got the wheel-wells done and some of the attachment pieces that run into the kitchen and bedroom areas. The space in between the wheel wells is where we’re going to mount our lithium batteries.
- We’ve ordered our Nova Kool fridge, which will take 5 weeks or so to come, as they make them to order. Many of the parts for our lithium battery set-up are due to arrive over the next week or so, so we’ve got a lot of very exciting work coming up!