Well, the big news this week is that Vancouver and the lower mainland got snow. It started almost a week ago, on Sunday night, just in time to wreak complete havoc over the Monday morning commute! We both had to go out in the morning, but not until the worst of the traffic was over, and we had the luxury of using the back roads. It’s been a cold week, but the sunshine has been wonderful, and the snow is definitely brighter than rain!
Here’s what caught our eye online in the world of climbing, eating, cycling and repeating. Saturday Snippets for 10.December.2016.
- Fun climbing-inspired artwork.
- I feel like we’re seeing more plaid lumberjacks at the climbing gym. They’re teetering a fine-line between hipster and climber cozy wear… 😉
- One day, I would love to visit this climbing gym.
- The chocolate chip cookie recipe with one big change. I really want to try them!
- Does anyone read cookbooks like a book? I’ve borrowed 3 e-books from the library, so have two cookbooks and one regular book on the go at the moment. I’m loving the Molly on the Range cookbook (if anyone is looking for Christmas gift ideas… 😉 )
- Don’t these apricot bulgur muffins look tasty? I bet they would be really good with mandarin orange pieces!
- If you read no other link on this week’s snippets, make sure to read this one. And then, maybe change your search engine from Google to something else (DuckDuckGo, anyone?!)
- What do you think of Pantone’s colour of 2017? When we were first thinking about getting a Sprinter Van, we thought a colour like this would be fun. Definitely no stealth-mode, if we went that route, unless we parked up in Squamish full-time 😉
On Moby News (aka Sprinter Van Conversion):
- Sorry, I don’t have any van pictures for you this week, but it doesn’t mean we haven’t been working on it!
- Jonty has been working on installing the other electrical components. He’s CNC’d a really nice mount for the breaker panel, and we think we’ve figured out how we’re going to set up the rest of the electrical system. There’s a balance between fitting these components in snugly, yet still having enough breathing room to work on them.
- The next week will see a few more trips to Metal Supermarkets, and hopefully another cabinet framed.