We had brilliant sunshine for the first half of the week, and socked-in fog for the second half. I’d still take a foggy day over a rainy one! We’re planning on taking in some of the lights around town this weekend, so it could make for some awesomely moody pictures.
Here’s what caught our eye online in the world of climbing, eating, cycling and repeating. Saturday Snippets for 09.December.2017.
On Climbing, Eating, Cycling and Repeating:
- 7 stretches to do on long road trips (whether you climb or not)
- As soon as December hits, my craving for all things ginger, hits with a vengeance. Time for super-soft gingersnaps, gingerbread granola, and gingerbread cinnamon rolls!
- If you’re looking for a good book to ready (I always am!), NPR’s ultimate book list of 2017 might be a good place to start.
- We’re late to the Spotify game. I don’t know why it’s taken us so long! Over the holidays, I think we’re going to work our way through Rolling Stone’s Top Albums of 2017.
- I don’t know why, but I’ve always had more of an appreciation for realistic paintings, as opposed to some of the abstract stuff. Maybe because I used to draw / paint when I was younger, and know the amount of effort to takes to paint that genre. It’s hard to believe that these paintings are actually paintings – they look just like photographs!
- For the upcoming holidays – tips on how to best pack your carry-on suitcase.
On Moby News (aka Sprinter van conversion):
We started on building our shower this week! We’re definitely whittling down the jobs that are left to complete. I think the last two big systems are the shower / grey-tank system, and the second alternator. Since the alternator hasn’t arrived yet, we’re onto the shower!
On our first official road trip in Moby, we decided we loved the open space right behind the driver’s seat. This meant we didn’t want to build in an enclosed shower, as originally planned. We’re still having the shower located in the same spot, but we’ll be able to fold it up and out-of-the-way when we’re not using it. Which, to be honest, will be 99.9% of the day.
Jonty has built the box to hold our shower pan, as well as a stronger base to hold our weight. We still don’t know exactly how this is going to work, but we have a vague idea. All I know is that our vague ideas, given enough time to percolate, generally result in something that works for our needs. So I’m trusting this will be the same 🙂
He was finally able to get onto the CNC machine yesterday, and cut out the lattice support structure for under the shower base. The slats are interconnecting, so the fit is nice and snug!