It’s our Thanksgiving long weekend in Canada, and you know what that means? Turkey, stuffing and pie (if you’re Moira and Canadian). Or Yorkshire puddings, beef and pie (if you’re Jonty and British). Regardless, I’m thinking it’s going to be a tasty long weekend, and pie will definitely be involved. We will definitely have to climb and cycle our way through it all.
Here’s a few snippets that caught our eye online during the week of 08.October.2016.
- I love watching strong women climb. It’s completely motivating! Quick training videos from Daila Ojeda and Colette McInerney.
- Do you have a favourite stuffing / dressing recipe in your family? Grandma always makes the best stuffing, but here are a few more that might do the trick this weekend.
- Scones baked in a loaf pan? I think that’s genius.
- How about these Strawberry Oat Crumble Bars, but I’m thinking with apple and cinnamon?
- We love soup this time of year (our Roasted Cauliflower and Coconut soup is one of our favourites!), and this twist on Roasted Butternut Squash soup looks right up our alley.
- Have you heard of the Slow-Fashion movement? It’s means supporting smaller, independent retailers, and choosing eco-friendly clothing – clothing made with fibres that that can be recycled or are biodegradable. Often, these articles cost more money upfront, but they should last you a lot longer, too! Apparently our landfills are filling up with the discarded, Fast-Fashion clothes.
- How important Guide-Dogs are, and how they’re trained from birth.
- The 25 Best Films of the 21st Century. We’ve got our weekends organized, I guess!
- If you’re travelling abroad anytime soon, make sure to avoid using these hand gestures, if you want to make it out of a country in one piece! 🙂
On Moby News (aka Sprinter Conversion):
- We’ve started to organize the electric system set-up in the corner of our apartment. There has been a lot of thought gone into deciding what we need, and how it’s going to be installed in the van. And it’s all been down to Jonty’s hard work! The weather is definitely cooling off here, so it will be great to have that in-floor heating system working before too long 😉
- The fridge arrived! Here’s the teaser shot 🙂
- Next up on the agenda – sourcing the LED lighting. We’re starting to lose daylight, and once the electrics are in, let there be light!