It’s felt like another super-busy week over here, and I can’t really believe we’ve officially hit May! We’ll be taking part in our final climbing competition of the season this weekend, which means we’ll probably also be enjoying a beverage or two on Sunday when it finishes 😉
Here’s what caught our eye online in the world of climbing, eating, cycling and repeating. Our Saturday Snippets for 06.May.2017.
On Climbing, Eating, Cycling and Repeating:
- I’ve only been to Spain once (to Barcelona, specifically). Jonty and I were young, broke students, and we went for an extra-long weekend. We loved it! This makes me want to go back for the climbing!
- If you work out a lot, do you ever wonder what happens to your body, when you stop exercising?
- I’m a walnut!
- We love salmon tacos, and it’s always nice to change up the usual recipe.
- I love a good, fudgey brownie, yet I rarely make them! Here’s 15 ways to customize your favourite.
- Non-stop flights from Vancouver to Melbourne, and Vancouver to Boston! I think we have some family to visit 🙂
On Moby News (aka Sprinter van conversion):
- It’s been a week of cabinet-making! Jonty was able to CNC all the front and bottom panels for the upper cabinets, and I was able stain them all. We’ve decided to stain the cabinet bottoms black, to match the divider walls, van walls, fridge and cabinet latch hardware.
- For the upper cabinets, we’ve used 1/4-inch Baltic birch, and finished them with a clear coat of Osmo oil, which seems to be the woodworker’s wax of choice.
- More latches are on order, once they arrive we’ll be able to put everything together.
Random bits and pieces:
- We’ve started to work on finishing the ceiling at the front of the van. The main panel (with the holes for the lights and fan) has been CNC’d and attached. The upper galley-cabinet is no longer on temporary mounting blocks, and is attached properly to the ceiling and wall (finally!). Next up is covering the ceiling panel in our foam-backed vinyl.
- Sink update: we ordered another sink (after the first one failed to make it to us), and it’s ready for pick it, so hopefully next week we can show you some pictures 🙂
- Jonty wanted to put in one more safe guard on the electrical system (to make it easier for us to shut off the power in a, “Holy crap we need to turn off the power now!” situation). He finished that off and cleaned up some more fusing.
Pictures during the week of 06.May.2017:
Eeek, I’m afraid I don’t have much to show for this week! It was site visits and van work, with a few climbing sessions in between. I posted my monthly photo challenge pictures yesterday, so maybe I’ll just show you a few of my favourite 🙂