The first full weekend in November! Are you ready to Fall Back tonight? While it’s nice to get that extra hour of sleep in the morning, it’s always a bit of a shock to see the days get dark around 4pm and earlier… This weekend is supposed to be another wet one, so the plan is to get in a few training sessions, followed by a bit of Westworld to wind down in the evening. Have you seen it? We’ve only watched 2 episodes, but we’re already hooked (even if it gives us weird sci-fi dreams at night 🙂 ).
Here’s what caught our eye online in the world of climbing, eating, cycling and repeating. Saturday Snippets for 05.November.2016.
- Rest-day chicken satay wraps to the rescue!
- Maybe it’s the rainy days, or the impending time change, but I feel drawn to all the carbs. Don’t these Harvest Pumpkin Scones look perfect for a weekend morning brunch?
- We love winter squash. This Pumpkin Miso Soup with Soba Noodles is begging to be made.
- Have you ever made (or heard of) Dukkah? It’s an Egyptian nut-seed-spice blend, and it might be on my to-make list this weekend.
- Are you a breakfast person? Here’s 20 breakfasts you can make the night before. I’d totally eat that zucchini frittata for dinner, too.
- This looks like so much fun! … to watch 😉
- Do you have an Emergency Survival Kit organized? We, unfortunately, do not. And living in Earthquake zone, it’s probably a good idea.
- Elon Musk is one guy that Jonty admires. He’s now making glass shingles that double as solar panels. How awesome is that?
- What an amazing talent.
- I stopped wearing a watch almost 2 years ago, but I love the look of this bamboo one!
On Moby News (aka Sprinter Van Conversion):
- Our first set of LED lights arrived this week! We’re going to start with 6 of these guys on the ceiling (all dimmable) and then go from there. Once we get the kitchen built, the plan is to put strip lighting under the cabinets, and then some reading lights in the bedroom. The customer service from LED Lights Canada was great, so if you’re in Edmonton, and need some lights… 😉
- We ordered our foam-backed vinyl and it should hopefully be here early next week. Converting meters into linear yards, while trying to figure out which way the 54-inch width is going to run… It felt much more difficult than it should have been!
- Jonty has built the battery box. The idea is to have the batteries fit quite snugly into the box, but still allow access to the wiring. We’ll CNC 1/4-inch wood panels for the sides of the box, which will slot in to 80-20 (maybe with a piece of clear acrylic at the front, so we can still see inside).
- Next up is more electrical work, but it’s being held up by parts that are now 2 weeks overdue, allegedly they were in stock when ordered…