Anybody have exciting plans for the weekend? We are going to try out a new-to-us climbing wall, for some on-sight practice – apparently they use different-style climbing holds, which should be fun! I realize this statement is understood by nobody but another climber 😉
Here are a few online snippets that caught our eye this week.
- Do you listen to podcasts? In the last 6 months, I’ve started listening to more of them. The 8 Best Outdoorsy Podcasts? I’ve just added The Enormocast to my list 🙂
- Another great ChalkTalk podcast, with Vancouver-local Sean McColl. It was a great interview, but I’m often biased towards fellow Canadians, especially strong Canadian climbers! (If you’ve watched American Ninja, he’s been on a few times and kicked butt!)
- Looking at the pictures from this Women’s Climbing Festival in Bishop a few weeks ago, brings back great memories from when we were there a year ago.
- … And watching this video from a Bishop Boulder (Nina Williams’ first female ascent on the super-duper-highball V11) – Not in a million years! Eeek!!
- If you can put an egg on it, I will probably enjoy it. This Bibimbap bowl looks healthy and filling and darned tasty!
- If you can put it in a bowl, I will probably enjoy it. This Chicken Tawook Quinoa Bowl is right up our alley!
- The winter citrus is so good right now – this Tofu Avocado Grapefruit salad looks mighty appealing! Also, I have had this weird urge to make my own za’atar (for about 6 months now), but I don’t know where to find sumac. Anyone in Vancouver know where I could find the spice?
- Perhaps when we eventually start travelling full-time, we should try to rig this up to our bikes! This would save on laundromat costs 🙂
- The Vancouver forecast is looking decidedly drizzly. The best ways to spend a soggy-weather weekend? I could be up for #3 and #4 and #11 (preferably IN #3) 🙂
- Did anyone celebrate a Leap Year birthday this past Monday? If so, I sincerely hope your birthday cake looked like this one!