June is here, and let the waterfall of June birthdays begin! I believe the currently June-Family-Birthday-Count is hovering around 9. Nine birthdays! This includes a husband, a brother, two sister-in-laws and a handful of uncles and cousins. I think there’s going to be a lot of cake 🙂
Here’s a few online snippets that caught our eye during the week of 04.June.2016.
- On overcoming injury setbacks.
- Have you ever wondered who makes all those different rock-climbing holds?
- I think this Thai Red Curry would still be perfect for June, especially with our homemade red curry paste!
- You can never go wrong with fresh spring rolls.
- We make versions of this farro salad all the time. So filling and tasty!
- I’m clearly on a curry-kick this week… Upside-down Chicken Curry Bowl!
- It was Bike To Work Week this past week, and there was only 1 day of rain. Pretty remarkable, considering we’ve entered June-uary 🙂 I only managed to get to one of the Celebration Stations, but it was a tasty one.
- My mother-in-law is the best letter-writer / card-giver. Seriously – it’s one of her gifts! Thanks to paperless bills, most of the snail mail we now receive is the mail we actually WANT to receive! Every time I see the classic UK-sized envelope come through our door, I can’t wait to see what card awaits us 🙂
- I have a semi-irrational fear of crows (Jonty would probably say irrational). Years ago, I was convinced the same crow would follow me / swoop past me on the way to the bus every morning. I’ve been dive-bombed by crows, too. Now we can track all the crow-attacks in Vancouver! Seriously – click on the map link and look at all the attacks in downtown Vancouver!
- Time waits for no-one. Plan for how you want to live your life.