September is here! Does it still feel like you should be going back to school? Sometimes I feel like I still get caught up in that frenzy. But still very glad I’m done with the big exams, too 🙂 We’ll be enjoying the Labour Day long weekend with a bit of climbing, a bit of cycling (if the weather holds), a bit of cooking and a bit of van work. We’re nothing, if not predictable 🙂
Here’s what caught our eye online during the week of 03.September.2016.
- Dreamcatcher is a well-known climb in Squamish. Until last week, only 3 people have successfully climbed it. Now there are 4. And he finished it off in one day! People have spent years working this climb! Alex Megos is a machine.
- Training for climbing, when you’ve got a 9 to 5 job. It’s pretty funny 🙂
- I think these cauliflower tots look like the perfect weekend dipping food.
- This Lemon Cannellini Cake is a sneaky, yet tasty, way to get more protein and fibre into your baked good.
- This Thai-Style Pulled Pork looks fantastic. Pair them with our simple homemade slider buns? I think so!
- Ikea’s most recognizable chair turns 40 this year! We have one, which was given to us by a colleague, who was given to him as a housewarming gift, but he had no room for it. Ten years later, it’s still serving us well.
- Get fit as a family – I see so many benefits of this! Our good friends do triathalons, and their kids join right in, too. It’s awesome to see 🙂
On the Moby news (aka Sprinter Conversion):
- We got a Pearson-Special on our Inverter, and managed to find a local distributor that had one in stock, which means we picked it up yesterday instead of having to wait 4 weeks.
- Jonty’s been busy cutting up the 80-20 for the van and figuring out a way to thermally isolate the metal extrusion from the metal van shell. He’s CNC’d a little prototype bracket, made out of HDPE (plastic), that he thinks he’s happy with 🙂
- One side of the insulating bracket will go against the van, the other will attach to anything else inside the van, and hopefully minimize temperature transfer.
- We’re about to order our fridge – a Nova Kool side-by-side fridge-freezer combo. They make them in Coquitlam – we met the owner a few weeks ago and saw their manufacturing space! I like that this well-renowned company is so close to home.