Well, hello February! Is anyone else wondering where the heck January went? With us being away last week, the month really seemed to slip by. We had a fantastic week in Disneyland, and will try to post some pictures next week, once I go through them all. We returned to a pretty solid week of rain and, given the picture above, I think I’m still pining for the Californian sun!
Here’s what caught our eye online in the world of climbing, eating, cycling and repeating. Saturday Snippets for 03.February.2018.
On Climbing, Eating, Cycling and Repeating:
- One of my (many!) climbing weaknesses is my pinch strength. Rock and Ice has a good article on how to improve it, if it’s one of your weaknesses, too!
- We got back from our family trip to Disneyland earlier in the week. We all had such a fantastic time, and both Jonty and I were kind of surprised at how much we enjoyed a theme park! The attention to detail is phenomenal. Probably, in part, to reasons like this – interesting tidbits about working as a Disney Princess.
- And speaking of theme parks, some of these roller coaster pictures made me laugh out loud.
- Are you going to be watching the Super Bowl this weekend? We don’t have cable, and we’re not big US football fans, so it’s probably unlikely in our household. BUT, that might not stop us from enjoying some Super Bowl snacks! I wouldn’t say no to any of these!
- How’s your chocolate cake craving?
- Do you know that you can now get free WiFi anywhere in Vancouver? Pretty awesome!
On Moby News:
Well we flew back into Vancouver earlier in the week, and wasted no time getting a back to the van work. I would be lying if I said we didn’t suffer from post-vacation blues, but the van work must go on!
We made really good progress on the kitchen table, as in, it’s very nearly done! Jonty modified the stowable shower mount to accommodate the table hinges, and fabricated a table leg to mount into the L-Track in our floor. We’re not sure if this will be our final table leg, but it serves a purpose for the time being.
When we want to use the shower, or need additional room in that area, the table easily flips up and the table leg can be stowed. Our plan is to have a strap that connects from the underside of the table to the curtain rod, in order to hold the table in its flipped position. We need to make a few more mounts for that, so we should have those pictures for next week’s post.
We still have to Osmo the table, but otherwise, it’s useable! Super exciting, as now the only major system left to install is the grey water tank.