Happy birthday to our favourite middle-M nephew today! We can’t believe you’re 3 years old already!
Has winter officially hit any of you yet? The temperatures are dropping in Vancouver this week, but we still have rain (so much rain!), which means all the local ski hills are happy! The local climbing crags, not so much 🙂
Here’s what caught our eye in the online world of climbing, eating, cycling and repeating. Saturday Snippets for 03.December.2016.
- We’ve entered in another bouldering competition this weekend. Actually, by the time this is posted, our session will be over! The last one went better than expected, and the prize was generous enough to cover our registration fees for at least the next two comps. So, we’ve got no pressure 😉
- Now that we’re safely in December, I think we can break out all the cookie recipes.
- Doesn’t this tabbouleh salad look refreshing and festive?
- Peanut butter in Brioche bread? This might have to be a holiday experiment!
- What do you think of this commuter bike? I find it amusing that they’ve taken their design inspiration from the Lamborghini, which is really the ultimate commuter vehicle 😉
- Vancouver officially launched their bike-share program a few months ago. The question is: Do they actually work, to get more people cycling? The short answer – yes, maybe.
- If you live in the Vancouver area, here are 11 places to find all the Christmas lights!
- Are you travelling for Christmas? This could be an airport game-changer, if you happen to get caught in a delayed-flight loop.
- I’ve enrolled in a sewing class in the new year, and Jonty’s enrolled in another welding course (a choice between education or a new phone for him…)! We’re pretty excited 🙂
- These fog waves are stunning.
On Moby News (aka Sprinter van conversion):
- We had a dry enough day early in the week, and were able to hoist the mega-heavy battery box into the van. Jonty CNC’d some little mounts to attach the battery box to the L-track, and that sucker’s not going anywhere!
- He also figured out a good way to mount the electrical board to the wheel well box, and we’re pretty happy with how it turned out!
- I started making a few simple privacy curtains to hang up in the van, until we get some of the expensive electrical parts hooked up and covered.
- Next up, is getting more of the electrical work done – mounting the inverter, breaker boxes, etc. We’d like to start getting more of the insulation done, but the weather has been so cold and wet here, that it’s been proving a bit difficult! We will do as much as the weather allows. If anyone has a big, tall, empty garage, let us know! We can pay you in homemade bread and cinnamon bus 😉