And, just like that, we’ve hit September! Do you have any fun plans for the long weekend? We’re still trying to figure that out. The weather is supposed to be a scorcher, so Saturday’s climbing day will be another early start, to beat the heat.
Here’s what caught our eye online in the world of climbing, eating, cycling and repeating. Saturday Snippets for 02.September.2017.
On Climbing, Eating, Cycling and Repeating:
- “Climbing-Gym-Parter Wanted” ads. If you climb, you’ll find these pretty funny (and pretty accurate).
- I had no idea a trail like this existed in Canada, but I suppose I shouldn’t be surprised. The Great Trail connects all of Canada (13 provinces and territories), from coast to coast. I wonder how long it would take to complete the entire thing? The pictures of people on the trail look pretty great!
- Storm-chasing. The clouds just come alive!
- A healthy, protein Snickers bar? I’m in!
- We don’t eat burgers very often, but sometimes when the craving hits, it hits hard. Something about this Satay Burger is nudging me towards a long-weekend burger night.
- How not to use “quotes” 🙂
On Moby News (aka Sprinter van conversion):
- Jonty was on a mission to have water running through our kitchen taps by the end of August. He made his goal, with a few days to spare, and we now have running water! We don’t have a grey tank installed yet, so for the time being, the grey water will simply drain into a big bucket under the sink. Not fancy, but it works for now.
- Last week, Jonty was able to get the water heater hooked up, so we had hot and cold water. This week, we mounted the sink to the underside of the counter (glued and sealed), and let that dry for a day. Then, it was just a matter of connecting the sink pipes to the rest of the plumbing circuit. Easy peasy (or so Jonty says 🙂 ).
- This is super exciting news! We’re hoping to take the van over to Vancouver Island in a few weeks, for his maiden voyage, and we really wanted to have running water for the trip.
Installing the convection oven:
- Because he finished the plumbing a few days early, Jonty started to work on installing our convection oven. So, sadly, the oven has left our apartment (I love that thing!), but the good news is that we should have it installed before our Island trip.
- Our plan is to mount it under the bed, and above the air vents (the two black circles). The oven will be open to the storage area on 3 sides, which will help dissipate the heat. And we’ve designed a little step (the rectangular space below the oven) to help us get up onto the platform bed. The secondary purpose of the step is to give us easy access to the plumbing and electrical panels below the bed.
- We still have to stain the front plate, and mount it properly to the floor, so hopefully this will be in next week’s update!