It’s the first day of October, and with it brings change. A change of season and a change to our work-life balance. While the unknown can feel scary at times, this change of season is good and exciting and we’re ready for it! I was in Powell River for a quick site visit earlier this week, and took a few pictures down at the harbour. The evening was calm, and my mind was filled with all the wonderful adventures our change of season will bring. Hint, it’s all about our Moby-mobile 😉
Here’s what caught our eye online during the week of 01.October.2016.
- Dark chocolate hummus? Oh, yes please!
- For all you Canadians, Thanksgiving is just around the corner. Do you have your meal game-plan ready yet? You know I love pie, and this Cinnamon Maple Crunch Pie looks like it could be a tasty alternative to the classic pumpkin!
- As the weather cools off, we switch up raw veggies in our salads to roasted ones. This salad is right up my alley.
- Years ago at work, we had a little fridge thief. The story that always gets told is when one colleague had an un-opened block of cheese in the fridge that she was going to return to the supermarket, as it was out of date. The fridge thief opened her un-opened block of cheese, took a bit bite out of it, and then put it back. Our colleague couldn’t return it, nor did she want to eat it after that! We all thought it was pretty funny (and still do!). After that incident, we drilled a hole into the ceiling tile, directly above the fridge, and inserted a little camera lens (not attached to anything). We put a note on the door saying “Look up! You’re on camera!” The note must have worked, because we never had another thief again. I’d say that #6 might be a good option, but out fridge thief was willing to eat the mouldy cheese!
- It has been awhile since I picked up my knitting needles, but seeing this blanket makes me want to get back into it.
On Moby News (aka Sprinter Conversion):
- Jonty needed to order more 8020, which was delivered a day after he ordered it (we love that speedy delivery!), so he was able to cut the remaining upper cabinets.
- Our Nova Kool fridge has been manufactured and is ready for pick-up today! I remember thinking how long the 3 to 4-week wait was going to be, when we placed the order in August. Boy, that’s gone by quickly!
- Hopefully we’ll start looking at the battery and electrical system this week, and figure out our plan of attack 🙂