We’re still on our tasty salad run this week. This salad inspiration came by way of needing to use up veggies in the fridge. Actually, isn’t that the reason for most salads? We made potato chips on the weekend (so easy and cheap, and no oil required!!), so maybe chips were on my mind. I think these are a great salad topper! They add a nice crunch and, depending on what you toss them with, a nice bit of flavour, too!
This process becomes much easier if you have a mandoline. If not, just try to slice your radishes as thin as possible (mind those fingertips, whichever method you use!!).
Toss the radish chips with a bit of olive oil (one squirt with our aerosol spray did the trick) and then sprinkle with seasoning. I used a bit of sea salt on one batch, and a bit of chipotle powder on another. Lay them on a tray and bake in a pre-heated oven for about 15 minutes. Watch them closely after the 10-minute mark, as they can burn quickly (not that I speak from experience… ahem…).
These are great to munch on their own, or sprinkle onto a salad for an added crunch.
- 1 bunch of radishes (7 to 8), thinly sliced
- Sprinkle of sea salt
- Sprinkle of any other spice
- Olive oil (one quick spray with aerosol, or perhaps ½ tsp oil)
- Pre-heat the oven to 400°F. Toss the radish discs with olive oil and your favourite seasoning. Place on a baking tray in a single layer and bake for about 15 minutes, keeping an eye on them after the 10-minute mark.
- Eat as is, or sprinkle on salad.