Happy St. Patrick’s Day! In order to pay homage to the Irish, may you consume something green in colour, or consume something containing Guinness 🙂
I will be fulfilling both of these criteria – starting my day with a Green Smoothie and ending it with this Guinness Ice Cream Float. If you happened to have made our Apple-Walnut Hand Pies on Pi Day earlier this week, then I know you have some leftover ice cream in your freezer 🙂
This recipe is barely a recipe, but, for completeness, here it goes.
To make a Guinness Ice Cream Float:
- Place a few scoops of ridiculously tasty ice cream into a glass (we used Oatmeal Brown Sugar ice cream).
- Pour a can of Guinness over the ice cream.
- Grab a spoon and eat / drink your way through your dessert.
- Repeat, as often as you see fit.
Easy peasy! Now, if you’re more of a visual learner, take note:
- Few scoops of tasty ice cream
- 1 can Guinness beer
- Place a few scoops of ice cream into a glass.
- Pour the Guinness over the ice cream.
- Repeat as you see fit.
Enjoy your St. Paddy’s Day!