Happy Chocolate Day! Otherwise known as Valentine’s Day 🙂 This chocolate mousse recipe is for all the chocolate lovers out there. It’s Jonty’s creation (my chocolate-loving guy) and he’s made it a handful of times over the last few months. It has 4 ingredients, is super simple to make, and is actually pretty healthy for you! Are you ready?
You need egg whites, good-quality dark chocolate (at least 70% dark), plain Greek yogurt and a touch of sugar. The resulting dessert is so light and airy, and tastes so unbelievably decadent, yet there’s not a drop of cream to be found.
The first time Jonty made it, we thought it might have been a fluke result, mainly because we were wary about using non-fat Greek yogurt (sometimes things just taste better with fat and cream). But each time he’s made it, the result has been the same – an easy, superstar chocolate mousse!
Jonty has developed this chocolate mousse using basic ratios:
- 1 part egg white
- 1 part dark chocolate
- 1 part Greek yogurt
- 1/2 part sugar
So 1 egg white will give you 1 ramekin dessert. If you want turn this into a romantic dessert for two, just use 2 egg whites and scale. You want to turn this into a family dessert for four? Use 4 egg whites and scale. So easy!
This is going to a short and sweet, because the sun is shining, and we’re severely lacking in Vitamin D! So, we hope you’re having a great Chocolate Day, celebrating any way you’d like 🙂
Happy Valentines Day, Galentines Day, Family Day or general Chocolate Day 🙂
- 2 egg whites (60g)
- 30 g granulated sugar
- 60 g good-quality dark chocolate (at least 70% or higher)
- 60 g non-fat Greek yogurt
- In a clean, dry bowl, whisk the egg whites until they start to form peaks. While whisking, slowly add the sugar, one spoonful at a time, until it is all incorporated. Continue to whisk the mixture until stiff peaks have formed.
- Meanwhile, melt your chocolate. You can either do this in the microwave on the lowest heat setting, or over a bowl of hot water. Once the chocolate is melted, stir in the Greek yogurt.
- Fold the egg white mixture into the chocolate mixture and fold to combine.
- Spoon the mousse into 2 ramekins and refrigerate at least 30 minutes, or until the mousse has set.
Enjoy this easy chocolate mousse!